Thursday 19 January 2012

Plan and Purpose

Seeing that the internet is rife with misinformation, and in an effort to further develop my knowledge base for my own experience i have started this blog.

Dedicated to Aquarium and Aquaculture (and all aquatic sciences for that matter), I hope that I can increase the knowledge base of any hobbyist who may happen to read it, post questions that need answering and ultimately further everyone's expertise, and enjoyment for fish keeping.

I have worked in the Aquaculture and Aquarium Industry for over 8 years, having designed Aquaculture and aquarium systems, working in both water quality and water biology related areas of the commercial sector in Australia.

I have no degree in any Aquatic science, and in some ways i found this to be an advantage, as it has forced me to assess information with high level of scrutiny. This has given me an insight into the current state of, and rate of development of the Australian aquatic industries. I hope to be able to, at the very least, pass on some of my knowledge to people, so that they may learn about this great hobby, so that it can advance further.

After all, some of the greatest developments in this industry, came from people with no qualifications at all, just real experience, attention to detail and ultimately a love for what they do.

And so, determined to at least educate people to be able to see the difference between good and bad, right and wrong, fact and totally and completely incorrect, misguided, uneducated and  sometimes unethical information that some people may give to the unsuspecting hobbyist, so begins my WAR, my MISSION, a JOURNEY, to help people discover what is possible when it comes to captive aquatic environments.

G


No comments:

Post a Comment